What is cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit certain websites. Cookies placement takes place through browser and will help website recognize your device the next time you visit it.
Cookies collect generic information, such as how users reach and use websites or the area of countries through which they access, etc.
In some cases cookies are deleted after each user visit. In other cases they are kept for later visits.
What are Cookies for?
Cookies are used to help determine usefulness, interest and number of uses of websites, allowing faster and more efficient browsing and eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
What type of cookies do we use?
- Essential Cookies to providing a service: Cookies that allow use of websites, applications and their functionalities. They allow you to browse websites and use their applications, as well as access secure of websites areas through login. Without these cookies, their services cannot be provided.
- Analytical Cookies: Cookies that collect information about how websites, applications and services are used. We use these cookies to analyze how users use the website and to monitor it’s performance. This enables us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offer and quickly identifying and correcting any issues that arise. For example, we use performance cookies to find out which pages are most popular, which page linking method is most effective or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. Based on use of the site we may also use these cookies to highlight articles or services on website that we think may be interest to users. These cookies are used for purposes of creation and statistical analysis only.
- Functionality Cookies: Cookies that allow websites, applications and services to recognize users’ choices when they use certain services. We use functionality cookies to enable us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies avoid entering username each time they access website. In short, functionality cookies store user preferences regarding the use of websites, so you do not have to re-configure each time you visit.
- Third-party cookies: Cookies that originate from a diferente domain than the website you visit. For example, when a user visits website we may link to another company’s website – such as your social media account or a YouTube video on our page. When, for example, on Facebook or Instagram you “Like” a product or service featured on our website those social networks may place cookies in their browser. AMS does not control use of third-party cookies so it’s recommended that the user consult respective websites to determine how cookies are used and how they may be managed by you.
The cookies used may be:
- Permanent cookies: They are stored in browser on your access devices (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) and are used whenever user makes a new visit to website. They are generally used to target navigation according to user’s interests, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
- Session Cookies: Temporary cookies remain in your browser cookies until you leave website. The information obtained allows us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
All browsers allow user to accept, decline or delete cookies and also inform whenever a cookie is received namely by selecting the appropriate settings in their browser. You can set cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
For more information about cookies and their use, we suggest you visit the following link:
All About Cookies – http://www.allaboutcookies.org/